Author M. A. Williamson is a born and bred Jamaican girl that loves nature and the creator. Just a real cool chic from Moneague, St. Ann who aspires to greater heights and desires to be a film producer one day.
Anna Bell: The Sometimes Loner with an Unbreakable Spirit, is her first published literature and she is currently at work on her second. It is her desire to inspire others through her storytelling, while motivating each and everyone of her readers to be the best they can be in their endeavours.
1. What is your debut novel and what inspired its story?
My debut novel is, “ Anna Bell- The Sometimes Loner with an Unbreakable Spirit.” The story was inspired by quite a few of my own personal experiences in life, things I’ve observed over the years in my immediate environs and just issues that affect us all.
2. Do you write one specific genre or are you a multi genre author?
I would consider myself to be a multi-genre Author.
3. Do you have any memorable quotations or ‘one-liners’ that you have written and love?
“Anna began shortly after, to only surround herself with individuals who would empower while believing in her.”
4. Do you have a favourite character that you have penned to life and why is this your favourite character?
My favorite character thus far is Anna Bell. She represents what any young woman should desire to be. Strong, independent, resilient and compassionate.
5. Are there any close friends/ family who have proven to be a pillar of support to you in your writing?
My mentor and adviser, Umoja Ben-Nyah.
6. What are you currently working on?
My second suspense novel.
7. What has been your greatest challenge as an author thus far and how are you dealing/have dealt with it?
My greatest challenge thus far is meeting my own personal deadlines. I’m dealing with it by sticking to a schedule I’ve established to make me more efficient.
8. How do you deal with criticism and how has it helped you as a writer?
I take constructive criticism as a part of my learning experience to correct deficiencies and improve my craft no matter how harsh it may be.
9. How has social media helped in promoting and marketing your books?
Social media has helped a little in giving exposure to my work. However, I’ve come to appreciate that promoting and marketing my work is another full-time job by itself that takes time and effort with the help of social media.
10. When writing your novel which aspect of the writing process do you find to be the most challenging?
Proofreading and line editing.
11. How do you measure success as a writer/ author?
By the number of individuals I have inspired and motivated to become a better version of themselves.
12. What short term and/or long term goals have you set?
To publish at least three novels in the immediate future and becoming an international bestseller.
13. Do you have any upcoming book releases or events?
My second novel is set for release March of 2019.
14. What are your favourite book(s) and/or author(s)?
My favourite books are fictional realism with a mix of adventure, suspense and thriller. Along with anything motivational.
15. What advice will you give to other Indie Authors or those who are thinking of writing and publishing?
My advice is to go ahead and share your knowledge with the world. Don’t think of limits but just be authentically you and everything will fall into place.
Connect with Author M.A. Williamson